what is review
A literature review is a comprehensive summary of previous research on a topic. The literature review surveys scholarly articles, books, and other sources relevant to a particular area of research. The review should enumerate, describe, summarize, objectively evaluate and clarify this previous research. It should give a theoretical base for the research and help you (the author) determine the nature of your research. The literature review acknowledges the work of previous researchers, and in so doing, assures the reader that your work has been well conceived. It is assumed that by mentioning a previous work in the field of study, that the author has read, evaluated, and assimiliated that work into the work at hand.
A literature review creates a “landscape” for the reader, giving her or him a full understanding of the developments in the field. This landscape informs the reader that the author has indeed assimilated all (or the vast majority of) previous, significant works in the field into her or his research.
April 1, 2020 By GRESB
The Review Period will start on October 1, when preliminary individual GRESB results will be made available to all participants. During the Review Period, participants will be able to submit a review request to GRESB using a dedicated form.
Creative & Credible was created by Willis Newson and The University of the West of England, with funding from ESRC. If you’d like to know more, email: [email protected]
What can you learn from the work of others? In any evaluation, the first step should be to find out what other evaluation and research can tell you about the likely impacts of a project like yours.
- A review by someone who has a direct or indirect financial interest in the product.
- A review by someone perceived to have a close personal relationship with the product’s owner, author, or artist.
- A review by the product manufacturer, posing as an unbiased shopper.
- Multiple negative reviews for the same product from one customer.
- A review in exchange for monetary reward.
- A review of a game in exchange for bonus in-game credits.
- A negative review from a seller on a competitor’s product.
- A positive review from an artist on a peer’s album in exchange for receiving a positive review from them.
Customer Reviews should give customers genuine product feedback from fellow shoppers. We have a zero tolerance policy for any review designed to mislead or manipulate customers.